Miller 251292 is an option for any professional or do-it-yourself welder that is looking for an auto-darkening welding helmet with a solid optics. It has faster reaction time than most welding helmets in the market. Though, the helmet is affordable enough, it provides a superior protection to the eyes thanks to its impressive features. It is a black colored helmet created with quality nylon material which makes it light, smooth and comfortable on the head. It is created in compliance with ANSI Z87.1+2010 and CSA standards. Thus, you can rely on and trust the quality of the product.
Features and descriptions
The auto darkening feature of this helmet has an analog control. It is powered with AAA battery which has a runtime of 2000 hours. The battery power source is also supported with solar energy to keep it functioning even when the battery has become flat. It offers an impressive view area of 5-1/5 square inches. Miller 251292 Classic has a variable lens shade of 8 to 12 which makes it suitable for different kinds of welding works. It features 2 arc sensors, switching speed of 1/10,000, TIG AMP rating of 20A, sensitivity and delay control of 0.10 to 1.0 sec.
This helmet feels comfortable and easy on the head thanks to the quality of the materials used in it. It has a weight of 2.1 pounds. With its lightweight, you can wear it for hours and do your work without getting tired and worked up. The product is designed to fit any head size even though it is available in compact design. It has a dimension of 21 X 19.5 X 12 inches.
Dimensions: 21×19.5×12 in.
Weight: 2.1 pounds
Standards: ANSI Z87.1+2010, CSA
Power source: battery with solar assist
Battery type: AAA
ADF control type: analog
Arc sensors: 2
Viewing area: 5-1/5 sq. in.
- It is solidly created and thus will last for a long time. There is little or no possibility of the optics breaking thanks to the superior and quality material it is created from.
- It is an adjustable welding helmet and this makes it possible for users with different face and head shapes to be able to use the helmet. You can adjust the closeness of the inside of the helmet to your face to suit you the best.
- It is easy to use and comes with easy-to-understand user manual where the various features of the product and usage guide are explained.
- Extra lenses are included in the package free of charge.
- The auto darkening feature of this product works very well and it is very sensitive to light changes. It darkens at a good rate.
- The helmet is available in a lightweight and compact design and thus will not feel heavy on your head.
- The knobs for adjusting the tension to keep the hood in place when it is flipped up seems not to be strong.
- You need to make extra savings to purchase this helmet.
- It may not be suitable for heavy duty welding because it does not provide a darker shade.
Miller 251292 welding helmet provides awesome clarity and high visibility thanks to its topnotch lens. Although, it may not be suitable for heavy duty welding, it can be used for welding in a number of environments such as garage, fab shop and open area. The auto darkening feature is very sensitive to light and darkens at a very good rate to prevent any form of exposure of your eyes to dangerous light flashes. The helmet also covers the face to protect it from flying molten.
Without a doubt, it provides a good price/quality ratio and is recommended to purchase.