The 3M Speedglas 9100 fitted with the 9100V lens with auto darkening function, is one of the best priced auto darkening lenses in the 9100 series by 3M. When designing the Speedglas 9100V, the researchers at 3M have carried out comprehensive research and with worked with experts in the human body and it’s ergonomics to create a helmet that is not only extremely safe but also, comfortable.
3M Speedglas 9100V with Standard Size Auto-Darkening Filter
This model is a top rated product in this series. It comes with a lot of great features. You will surely get value for your money if you buy this hood. With its auto darkening filter, ergonomically designed head suspension, adjustable headband and more, your eyes and face are 100% protected; your productivity will increase as you will not have any need to remove the lens. Your hands will be freer.
Who This Helmet is Suitable For
This welding helmets sensitivity settings are designed for anyone performing low-amp TIG welding through to standard welding. All of the 3M 9100 series are extremely well made and built to last. This means they can be an ideal fit for professional welders or even a keen home/hobby welder. As this helmet also has a low sensitivity setting it’s perfect for those welding around others, say in a crowded workshop or factory for example.
Multiple shade settings enabling many forms of welding
Not only does the 3M Speedglas 9100V come with a large 6.65 square inch viewing panel, it comes with a wide range of shade options. It has Arc welding shades with settings from 9 through to 13, a micro-plasma shade with a setting of 8, a Gas welding shade of 5 and low level grinding shade of 3.
The Main Features and Specifications
- The side windows built from shade 5 filters that are unique and patented provide excellent peripheral viewing while welding. This can really help you from being injured by functioning
- machinery nearby or injuring other around you
- The front of the helmet is heat reflecting
- There is additional protection provided to the lower parts of the neck
- The side of the neck and the ears also have additional protection provided
- The 3M Speedglas9100V is crafted from extremely lightweight and durable materials
- There is a solar panel that provides you with additional battery life
- 6.65 square inch viewing screen
- 7 different shade levels: 8 for low amp TIG welding and micro plasma, a 5 for standard gas welding and 9 through to 13 for the majority of other arc welding categories
- You have the ability to delay the dark to light changing time
- Magnification is extremely easy on this model. The lens is located inside the helmet for ease of fitting and changing
- Sensitivity of arc detection is adjustable, meaning you can rely on this helmet having the ability to switch between a multitude of arc welding activities and different amperages
What is included?
- Speedglas 9100 helmet including 9100V auto darkening lens
- Side Windows where the covers can be removed
- Storage bag for the Speedglas Helmet
- Decorative Speedglas stickers
- Welding cap in a bandanna style
- 5 protection plates for outside
- 2 protection plates for inside
- Instructional DVD
- The side window set at shade 5 give you fantastic peripheral vision keeping you safe and providing you with excellent visibility of the work you are undertaking
- The superb ergonomic design and the strategically placed vents make this one of the most comfortable helmets on the market. The vents allow hot air to exit the helmet thus reducing the build-up of heat and this also helps to prevent the lenses from getting fogged up. This means you are kept as cool as possible while welding
- Good protection against infrared radiation and ultraviolet light
- Excellent and easy to use magnifying lens
- Wide range of shade options from 8-13 and best of all an extremely fast switching time of 0.1 milliseconds
- Helmet suited for stick welding, TIG and MIG
- 9 different angles for usage depending on the requirement
- The only real downside of this helmet is the price, as there are so many features with the 3M Speedglas 9100V unfortunately they come at a cost. Thus this product may be out of reach for some hobbyists
- Price means not affordable to most hobbyist or beginner welders
If you are seeking one of the best welding helmets available you cannot go wrong with the 3M 9100V, it has a wide range of features meaning it I well suited for a multitude of welding tasks including TIG, MIG and stick welding. The ergonomic design and excellent cooling vents will ensure that you are as comfortable as possible too. The welding helmet’s excellent level of protection will also provide you with comfort.